WHAT'S ALLOWED IN BLOOMINGDALE
On May 3, 2022, the Borough of Bloomingdale voted to allow, with some restrictions, one (1) Class 5 Cannabis Retail License.
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS
If you are interested in applying for a Class 5 Retail License for the sale of cannabis in the Borough of Bloomingdale, we have provided a step-by-step guide to help:
- Meet with Borough Administrator to discuss process:
- Applicant should review requirements. (Ch 14 & 92)
- Apply for Zoning Permit with the Bloomingdale Zoning Officer:
- Complete Planning Board Application.
- Obtain Planning Board application from Planning Board Secretary email@example.com or 973-838-0330
- The Planning Board Engineer will review all applications for completeness prior to appearing before the planning board.
- Planning Board meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of each month. The applicant will be notified when application is scheduled for hearing.
- Incomplete packages will not be accepted and will delay time.
- If Planning Board approval is received, Planning Board will memorialize through an approval resolution which will include conditions that state and local license must be attained.
- Apply for a Class 5 Cannabis Retail License with the Borough of Bloomingdale:
- Please complete and submit the application form, attachments and a check of $2,000 (made payable to the Borough of Bloomingdale) to the Clerk’s Office at 101 Hamburg Turnpike, Bloomingdale, NJ 07403.
- Once that application is deemed complete, the Governing Body will review and consider a resolution of support. If such resolution is approved, you will receive a notification of award and conditional municipal permit that will then entitle you to pursue the required State retail cannabis license.
- Apply to the State of New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission (CRC):
- Once license obtained from State return with license number to the Borough who will then finalize the application process.
- Finalize Zoning Permit.
- Obtain permits from Zoning official.